You can learn more about the tool we developed and used here.
This demo was the main focus at the October Unity Unite conference in Austin, TX. Haptic Lab was announced at the event, and had its own session in the conference.
Developed in: Unity 5.5
Role: PROGRAMMER, LEVEL DESIGNER
Working with the Interaction Design Architect at Immersion, we put together a demo for the Nintendo Switch that would best showcase the haptic capabilities of Immersion’s pre-released Haptic Lab using Switch Joy-Cons. I integrated the Nintendo SDK, deployed the software to the development kit, and played the effects on the Joy-Cons for the following functions:
- Boost – showing a dynamic animation with haptic effect on button press
- Space brake – showing a dynamic animation with haptic effect on button press
- Collisions – random haptic effect “bump” based on collision with environment
- Fire missile – haptic effect on button press
- Fire lasers -haptic effect on button press
- Barrel roll – showing a pre-defined animation with synced haptic effect
- Checkpoints – haptic effect paired with an audio effect as collision with checkpoint occurs